Trinidad Outdoor Club719-250-7855
Inspiration“Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.” ― John Lubbock
– Springtime bird walks; there will be numerous walks to various places in our area. Keep an eye on the calendar.
– Dog walks; there is a huge amount of interest by the dogs in our area to take their humans on group walks. Please send an email to express your willingness to help organize! Also, a new dog park has been constructed in Trinidad and it’s beautiful. We are building many miles of mountain bike trails and would love to have more volunteer participation. Contact me at the email or phone above.
The Trinidad Outdoor Club (TOC) was founded on June 30, 2013 to promote outdoor activities for active adults in Las Animas County and the surrounding area. For many years, small groups of enthusiasts have organized small groups for a variety of outings, but there had never been a central place for offering trips to a larger audience. It was also difficult for newcomers to the area to find out what outdoor activities were available, where the most interesting sites were and even how to get access to private locations. That has all changed with this website. Now if you’re interested in non-motorized outdoor activities in south-central Colorado, you’ve got a place to start.
Here is a list of what interests us:
• Nature photography
• Plant, tree and wildflower identification
• Caving (spelunking)
• Paddling, including canoeing & kayaking & rafting
• Mountain biking
• Wilderness yoga
• Cross-country skiing
• Downhill skiing
• Group walks with dogs
• Weather study
• Wildlife tracking and scat identification
• First aid class
• Service programs (trail building, for example)